Gillman Strategic Group
Guide to Lateral Partner Moves
Lateral partner recruiting can be stressful when you don’t know what to expect. You should know what you are getting into before you make or even consider a lateral partner move.
I get that. Since I am a lateral partner recruiter passionate about your happiness, regardless of whether you change firms, we want you to be as educated and clear on the lateral partner recruiting process as possible.
This page is a guide to lateral partner recruiting. It consists of the questions lateral partners ask us regularly during the recruiting process. It is (and always will be) a work in progress, so if you have a question, concern, or doubt, let me know, and we’ll add it to our topic list.
We’ve divided our lateral partner recruiting guide into five sections:
- Should you move?
- What to expect from the lateral partner recruiting process.
- How to evaluate firms.
- How to assess compensation and culture.
- How a recruiter can help (and how to choose).
Additional resources to help you evaluate your lateral partner recruiting opportunity
- Try our quiz to determine whether or not now is a good time for you to move.
- Download our business plan template to help map out your future and start the lateral partner recruiting process.
- Download our guide on How to be an in-demand law firm partner anytime.
I hope you find these resources useful; if you want to talk about a move, either because you are ready to move or because you want to explore options, contact me anytime here.